Tuesday, 1 July 2008

Progress on the notes front

Well a lot of the work lately has been going into the website, the Second Island and last but probably most important the documentation. Each of a programmes will be accompanied by a complete set of hardcopy, yes that’s right, hardcopy not e-Book notes, though to be fair these are now currently being made available at our SL HP as part of a slide show. We are going to have three principle user guides covering Satellites, Telescopes and Rocketry. At present, these are all in various stages of completion, but one surprising aspect of their production that have to mention, has been the use of Second Life as a means of producing 3D models for the screen shots. In SL, not only do you get your 3D view, you also get shading and perspective of other objects and the editor for achieving this is easy, well easy in comparison to some of the CAD packages that I had been looking at for the task. The whole thing has the added bonus of giving a high level of continuity from, website to notes to SL, amazing. Anyway just to demonstrate the point I thought I would provide a quick screen shot of our main covers for now, later I do intend uploading some sample pages to this blog the website and in-world, say if you are interested, please stay in touch.


No comments: