Sunday, 5 April 2009

Astro21c at the Space Conference


Went along to the annual conference on Friday, and while the day did not pan out in the way that I expected with regard to the time that was spent there, it was good to meet up with people from the previous year and chat about spacey things with everyone. I took along a demo of Spaceport UK in Second Life, produced some genuine curiosity and so managed to hand out some free pens and bookmarks so that was a result. Due to the time constraints however I was not able to meet with everyone I had intended but have since fired off some emails which is the next best thing. One very encouraging outcome from the visit however was the emerging services and it appears demand for educational resources and that's where we will come in, though I must admit not probably until the start of the next academic year. All things considered though this was as usual a conference well worth going to and I can recommend it to everyone that has even a passing interest in the part that Britain is playing in space.

No comments: